Tuesday, March 4

New Raw SesameTreat


Okay so I recently came across a recipe for these "sesame ball" things that are commonly found in asian restauants.

they look something like this image to the left

so after some careful research and adaptations to the raw versions I found I created my own! Mine are filled with a honey/date paste, rather than the traditional asian bean paste. They were so good even my SAD mom liked them! Not only did she like them but she ate all the ones I made and asked me to make more, but tahini is expensive so I told her maybe for mothers day haha!!





Recipe & Instructions

Dough

  • 1 Tbls. Coconut oil
  • 2-3 Dates
  • 1/3 Tahini
  • 2 1/2 Tbls. Honey
Filling
  • 4 Dates
  • 1 Tbls. Honey
When making the dough you want to get a small food processor and throw everything in it. Process it until its as processed as it can be! Then place it on a flat surface on top of some cling/plastic wrap and roll it out with a rolling pin until its pretty thin. Cut into squares similar to ravioli but a little bit smaller. Next process filling and put a teaspoon of it in the center of each square. After that fold the sides over and roll the squares into little balls. Then just roll them in a bunch of sesame seeds whatever color you would like and tah-dah YOUR DONE!! simple right?

2 comments:

melindapollard said...

Wow those look so yummy, I'll have to make some!:)

HiHoRosie said...

Yeah, me too. Or I'll just be over when either of you make them. :)