Saturday, March 22

Nutritious Party in a Glass: Green Smoothies


When I first started eating raw I took a lot of tips from Natalia Rose's book Raw Food Detox, and one of those was to start your day with a green juice, usually kale with apple and lemon. This was my least favorite part of the lifestyle. Upon waking I knew that I had to drink 8oz of this sweet and sour concoction, which I never felt actually changed my energy levels like so many said it would. That was until I discovered the GREEN SMOOTHIE! Its been a rocky road of trial and error to get the flavors and consistency just right but wow has it been worth it!! Now I can't start my day until I've had my fill of the green stuff. My energy has increased, I'm able to think even more clearly and it fills me up for at least 3 1/2 hours! I suggest everyone start doing it if you haven't already. I swear it was one of the best things I could do for my body. If you need some recipes or ideas to make your own I suggest goneraw.com they have amazing recipes! I frequent that site quite often and I never get bored.

2 comments:

Kristen's Raw said...

I love love love green smoothies and drink them all the time. Today, I had frozen bananas, parsley, raw chocolate powder, cinnamon, and chia seeds. Yummy!

Cheers :)

Raw Food Princess said...

Omg! That sounds good. I'm totally going to try that :)